“To them, as to Magnus, time was like rain, glittering as it fell, changing the world, but something that could also be taken for granted.
Until you loved a mortal. Then time became gold in a miser's hands, every bright year counted out carefully, infinitely precious, and each one slipping through your fingers.”
― Cassandra Clare, The Bane Chronicles
As a human being, we’re bound to make mistake. Sometimes the mistakes we make will lead to regrets and often, regrets will continue to haunt us until the end of time. In my case, I am constantly continued to be haunted by the mistakes of my past. Because of that, I ask myself daily ‘what if I could turn back time and make things better? Could’ve been different?’ This is why I wish I had a superpower that would allow me to time travel.
I made a lot of mistakes when I was younger. I didn’t put much thought to my actions as I was very impulsive and reckless. I got so hurt so many times due to this and I don’t think I will learn from my mistakes. It would take me a few months to realize it and by then the damage would’ve been done. I couldn’t change anything by then. So if I have the power to turn back time, I would do anything in my power to set things right. I will do this countless times until I receive the outcome that I want.
From time travelling, I am able to learn more about the past in much greater detail compared to the once we have to learn from the textbook. Which in the case of Malaysia, the textbook or basically most of the history reference books aren’t true or there is no evidence that incident actually happened in the past. I’m pretty sure I’ll find the people of the past interesting like it would be awesome to meet William Shakespeare in person or setting my eyes on the handsome Hugh Clifford which I’ve been fancying secretly. It would also be an awesome opportunity for me to take items of the past and sell it at a higher price in the future. I’m pretty collectors would fancy items like cash, coins, stamps or even jewellery if I’m lucky enough. The royals of the past are pretty wasteful anyway as they tend to sell their jewellery at a lower price even though it cost more than it should. This would probably make me a millionaire in no time thanks to this superpower.
When we’re in love, time seems to move faster than it should especially when you ended up getting heartbroken. It’s not that I want to set things right between me and my past lovers. I know it would be tempting to change it and make it better but it’s not a wise choice for me. It’s just that it would be a good time for me to relive the happy moments when we were together… when we were happier of course. It would cure away the longing, the ache and the sadness even though I already know the outcome of the relationship. For some people, it might sound stupid to be stuck in the past but if only they knew the pain of loving someone who eventually became a stranger. Those times we had would then be precious. Precious enough for me to visit the people of the past and live forever in their heart.
The power to time travel would be the most luxurious superpower I could ever have. It’s not that it would damage anyone or basically anything physically but it’s more like I have the power to shape earth and its surrounding. I am pretty sure it would grant immortality as I could avoid death by changing the timeline. But sadly such things while potentially possible are immensely improbable. I guess this is why the power to time travel doesn’t exist. I would not probably appreciate how precious the moments in my life are and I would most likely be obsessed with the past to make things right rather than learning from it…
No comments:
Post a Comment